You may share personal information when using the Egum. One example is when you provide information about yourself as part of the Egum account creation process. Another is when you take certain actions on Egum that are public or intended to be public in nature, such as when you broadcast content, participate in a chat room, post profile information, follow a channel, or subscribe to a broadcast channel. Given the social nature of Egum, that information may be collected, used, or disclosed by others who are part of that social interaction. In addition, some features of Egum are designed to provide others with information about user activity, such as identifying the user who created a particular video or the subscription status of users for a given channel. We encourage you to be mindful of this when considering your activity on Egum.
Personal Information Egum Collects About You
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide Egum Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide Egum services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use Egum.
- User-provided Information: You may provide a variety of information about yourself to us, such as your name, voice and image (in any content you upload), Egum username, email address, postal mailing address, telephone number, credit card number, and billing information when you register for Egum; upload, purchase, view, or download certain content or products from Egum or otherwise use the features and functionality of Egum.
- Automatically Collected Information: When you access Egum or open one of our emails, we automatically record and store certain information about your system by using cookies and other types of technologies. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that are sent to your browser. Examples of such information we automatically collect include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), a unique user ID, device and browser types and identifiers, referring and exit page addresses, software and system type, and information about your usage of Egum.
- Information from Other Sources: We may obtain additional information from third parties and sources other than Egum. For example, we may obtain additional information from advertisers, games or services you use, or social media networks (such as Facebook) for which you have approved our access. When you access Egum through social media networks or when you connect Egum to social media networks, you are authorizing Egum to collect, store, and use such additional information and content in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We may also obtain information from third-party services regarding your use of such services, including about your use of the content you choose to broadcast through Egum. We use this information to supplement the information we collect about you in order to provide more relevant, safer experiences for you with Egum and improve Egum, analytics, and advertising.
How Egum Uses Personal Information
- Egum uses such information to operate, maintain, enhance, provide, create, and develop all of the features, functionality, and services (new or existing) found on Egum; provide security for our websites, products, software, or applications; manage relationships with Egum account holders including making or receiving payment; improve users’ experience with Egum by providing content recommendations and by delivering content that we hope users will find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages; allow you to comment on content, and participate in online games, contests, or rewards programs; prevent fraud and abuse; and understand the usage trends of our users.
- We use your email address and/or telephone number to communicate with you, including to notify you of major Egum updates, for customer service purposes, or to contact you regarding any content that you have posted to or downloaded from Egum.
- Egum may periodically send promotional materials or notifications to you related to Egum.
- In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information (such as our obligation to share data with tax authorities).
- We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop the processing of your data for that purpose.
- Egum will rely on legal grounds to process your personal information to the extent permitted by applicable law, which may include, without limitation: to honor contractual commitments, to take steps in anticipation of entering into contract, to fulfill legal obligations, your consent, and Egum’s legitimate interests.
When Egum Discloses Personal Information
We share such information as described below:
- We disclose such information to service providers working on our behalf, such as, to: provide website hosting, maintenance, and security services; fulfill orders; conduct data analysis and create reports; offer certain functionality; or assist Egum in improving Egum and creating new services and features. We require that these parties process such information in compliance with this notice, we authorize them to use the information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and we require them to use reasonable confidentiality measures.
- Egum may disclose user information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with U.S. state and federal laws or other applicable laws around the world (for example, in the country of your residence), or respond to a court order, judicial or other government request, subpoena, or warrant in the manner legally required.
- Egum also reserves the right to disclose information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to protect Egum from potential liability or from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims, or allegations; protect the security or integrity of Egum; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Egum, our users, or others.
Other than as set out in this notice, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
When Egum Discloses Personal Information
This page describes your privacy options with respect to Egum, including information about how you may be able to review, update, or delete information that Egum may have about you. You may decline to share certain information with Egum, in which case Egum may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on Egum. If you have created a Egum account, depending on the service, you may be able to update your profile information and preferences or disable your account by logging in and going to the settings page.
For other requests to review, update, delete, or otherwise limit Egum’s use of information that you have provided directly to Egum, you may contact email@example.com.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and residents of Brazil can exercise certain data subject rights available to them under applicable data protection laws. We will comply with requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please note that in some circumstances, we may need to keep processing your information for certain legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. If these rights apply to you, they may permit you to request that we:
- Obtain access to or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you.
- Prevent the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling).
- Update personal information that is out of date or incorrect.
- Delete certain personal information we hold about you.
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose specific personal information about you.
- Transfer your personal information to a third-party provider of services.
- Revoke consent that you previously provided for the processing of your personal information.
Third-Party Services and Websites
Egum may link to third-party websites or services. The privacy practices of those third parties are not governed by this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party websites and services to understand their practices.
If you connect to a third-party service (such as Facebook, Twitter, or another third-party application) through Egum or otherwise link your Egum account with a third-party service, you are requesting and authorizing us to share or grant access to information on your behalf (such as your username, the fact that your connection originated from Egum, and other relevant usage and diagnostic information) with such third party. We may also send information about the content you watch or your activities on Egum to such third parties. For example, we may make information available to app developers, game developers, and game publishers to facilitate purchases and awards of digital goods, such as games and in-game items.
Advertisers and Analytics Providers
Egum may use third-party Web analytics services in connection with Egum. These service providers use a variety of tracking technologies such as cookies to analyze how users use Egum.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS EGUM AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Egum does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from persons under 13 years-of-age. If Egum learns that personal information of persons under 13 has been collected on or through Egum, Egum will take appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a Egum member, then please contact Egum at firstname.lastname@example.org to have that child’s account terminated and personal information deleted.
Changes and Updates to This Privacy Notice
Egum reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Privacy Notice at any time (for example to reflect updates to Egum or to reflect changes in the law).
Egum Contact Information
Please contact Egum with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice by email to email@example.com.